- One of the principal problems of a software Developers is the communication
- The first impression of our work is our portfolio and github is part of this!
- So, How can we improve our communications since our github?
2. How we can improve our GitHub profile?
First, create a repository in GitHub with the same name of your username, like in the image. This is a special repository because the README will show in your profile. Remember to initialize with the README file!
Second, go to your repository and edit your README! First, you can start filling the form of the template that GitHub shares.
So, let’s customize our profile more with the content that recruiters want to see like stats & contact us! You can add this code after and edit your username!
<p align=”center”><img align=”center” src=”https://github-readme-stats.vercel.app/api/top-langs/?username=YOUR.USERNAME&layout=compact&theme=vue&langs_count=6" alt=”My github stats”/></p><p><a href=”https://github.com/YOUR.USERNAME" target=”_blank”><img alt=”Github” src=”https://img.shields.io/badge/GitHub-%2312100E.svg?&style=for-the-badge&logo=Github&logoColor=white" /></a> <a href=”https://twitter.com/YOUR.USERNAM" target=”_blank”><img alt=”Twitter” src=”https://img.shields.io/badge/twitter-%231DA1F2.svg?&style=for-the-badge&logo=twitter&logoColor=white" /></a><a href=”https://www.linkedin.com/in/YOUR.USERNAME/" target=”_blank”><img alt=”LinkedIn” src=”https://img.shields.io/badge/linkedin-%230077B5.svg?&style=for-the-badge&logo=linkedin&logoColor=white" /></a> <a href=”https://YOUR.USERNAME.medium.com/" target=”_blank”><img alt=”Medium” src=”https://img.shields.io/badge/medium-%2312100E.svg?&style=for-the-badge&logo=medium&logoColor=white" /></a></p>
And finally, this is the result:
3. Don’t forget the benefits of the README:
- You can use to have a better description of your profile and repository
- Everybody will understand your github , think in recruiters
- You will see your kpi about what languages uses more
- Git-hub goals is to be open & share the code, if you don’t have a friendly profile, nobody will use your code
- Good ReadMe shows good TeamWork skills
- If anybody can’t contact you or see more than your code, it will be difficult to gain projects
- So, it is a good practice for every developer
Thank you for reading. And I hope this information has been useful. If you like it and think that it will be useful for more people. You can share it! :)